What is Bing Adcenter ?
Google Ads is a popular targeted advertising platform of Google.
Just like Google, Microsoft also offers a similar targeted PPC campaign platform on its search engine Bing, coupled with the Yahoo search engine. AdCenter (formerly MSN adCenter), is the division of the Microsoft Network (MSN) which provides pay per click advertisements on its search engine BING.
AdCenter is similar to the Google Adwords console used to place ads for businesses who want to advertise on the web.
Let’s take a look at what AdCenter has to offer:
• Reach – Millions of customers searching on Bing and Yahoo! Search can be reached.
• Budget Control – Set a budget for each campaign and you only pay when someone clicks your ad.
• Easy connectivity – You can import your Google Ads campaigns into your AdCenter account thereby saving time on set up. Some metrics are different and will need to be worked upon.
• Performance Optimisation – The Adcenter offers built-in performance reports which allow for better campaign management.
• Keyword and Demographics Research keywords.
• Dual Search Engine Management – Manage your Bing and Yahoo! campaigns in one console.
Just like Google AdWords, Microsoft AdCenter uses an ad frequency matrix based upon the maximum amount an advertiser is willing to pay per click (PPC) and the advertisement’s click-through rate (CTR). The best part of this system is that it encourages campaign managers to write more effective ads and keep them highly relevant to search keywords closest to their campaign offerings.
More features like Geo Targeting, Multiple campaign management, Daily / weekly / monthly budget setting etc are available.
For developed markets, a mix of Google Adword + Bing Adcenter can be a potent mix for highly successful PPC campaigns.